Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Treats: It's not spooky, but its smart!

In an attempt to get in the Halloween Holiday spririt i did a search on the iPhone app store for Halloween. I was suprised that i did not find much appropriate, and while i was tempted by Halloween Hotties i settled for a safer seasonal matching game. A later check on the PC dug up a lot more seasonal options in the App Store that I wanted to check out but I was already committed to a free app titled the Halloween Match Memory Game

I had tried one of the higher ranked memory games with Wormie to no avail a few months ago. I don't know if it was the game play or the graphics but the Halloween Memory Match was much more effective. The game is a good at keeping Wormies interest for a few plays at a time.

The game is simple... open the game and it loads asap, which is perfect for my toddler. Wormie is not big on waiting and i find it a hassel when I have to get involved with the set up of the next game. The premise is a straigh forward card matching game. Each turn you flip two cards with Halloween themed artwork. You go through the cards and match the different pairs like most of the other matching games in the App store. After the game is completed you get a count of how many bad pairs you rang up, which Wormie doesn't care about, but is easy to get by. Some ghostes and halloween characters float through the screen and you are onto your next game.

I think it was a cool little app, and the memory component made me think that I was contriburing to her later success in life. Lord knows, she's going to have to do some matching at Harvard.

Age Range: 3.5-5
Difficulty: 5/5 (5 being easy)
Look & Feel :3/5 (5 being cool)
Parent Helper: 4/5 (5 being helpful)

No comments:

Post a Comment